Advantages of a Digital Mixer:
We may be seeing the end of the analog mixer. Digital Mixers have come down in pricing to the point where, in most cases, they will be the preferred option in most sound system designs. Some of us can remember the changeover from 8-Track, Cassette and VCR to CD and DVD and Blu-ray DVD. When these first came out everyone knew they offered better quality, but there were still bugs to be worked out and they had to be affordable. Well, the Digital mixers have reached the tipping point and I would recommend anyone working with live sound systems take a serious look at making the change. Prices have come down to $299.00 on a Soundcraft Ui12 and the Soundcraft Si Impact is $2,299.00. (Prices good though 3-31-2016).
Church: For a church the ability to set and save presets is worth the price of admission alone. Features like better control over equalization, compressors and gates on every channel, effects, remote control and more can help the church to achieve their goals.
Small Bands: Most bands these days are running sound from stage. With the Ui Mixers you can control the mix from an I Pad, Tablet or a smartphone. If you have someone you trust to tweak your sound, turn up leads, etc… , you can set them up with their device in a few steps and they can adjust your mix as needed. .
Funeral Homes, Conference and Convention Centers may benefit from making a change to a digital mixer.
Contact Sound Solutions so we can discuss the advantages for your application.
Below are some features of the Soundcraft Si Impact Digital Mixer
Drawing on over 40 years of experience in live sound mixing, Si Impact brings the latest digital mix innovations together with the unrivalled sound quality of Soundcraft. Designed to be as simple as an analog mixer, but offer radical workflow enhancements such as the unique FaderGlow™ system, massive DSP power, and a pristine 32-in/32-out USB audio interface, Si Impact delivers digital live sound mixing and recording for those who refuse to compromise on audio quality.
Key Features: •32 Mic Inputs
- 8 XLR/1/4″ Combo-jacks for line inputs and instruments
- 40 DSP input channels (32 mono inputs and 4 stereo channels/returns)
- 31 Output busses (All with full DSP processing and GEQ)
- 4-band Fully Parametric EQ on each channel and bus
- 8 VCAs + 8 Mute groups
- 26 motorized faders (24 input + LR/Mono)
- 4 fully customizable Fader Layers
- Built-in Stagebox Connectivity
- 5″ touchscreen display
- Multi-Color LCD Channel Displays on each input fader
- 4 studio-grade Lexicon Effects engines and dedicated FX busses
- BSS Graphic Equalizers on every bus
- 20 sub-group / aux busses
- 4 mono/stereo matrix busses
- 32×32 USB audio interface for multi-track recording and playback *
* USB Interface Compatibility:
PC: Supports Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Mac: Supports Mac OS 10.7.x Lion through 10.11.x El Capitan